Legislation, strategies, standards, methodologies and supporting documents
Reaction to climate change requires to propose changes and improvements in national legislation, norms, standards and methodologies. These proposals should enable changes at national and local level towards strengthening climate resilience by applying good practice principles in construction and refurbishment of buildings and their surroundings.
What we have planned
To reflect the approach and experience gained during the project implementation as much as possible also at the national level, the selection and analysis of the relevant legislation will be carried out within this action (especially related to the so-called Building Act and the Nature and Landscape Protection Act). A proposal of recommendations (inspired by foreign experience) how to change/amend those Acts and a proposal for sectoral standards on rainwater management will be prepared. Communication activities and lobbying will be realized in series of steps to enforce proposed recommendations at responsible ministries and legislative bodies.
What we have done so far
- We have prepared the document Review the current Slovak legislative and regulatory framework,
- Comments under the comment procedure to the act No. 543/2002 Coll. on Nature and Landscape Protection (acquired support of 900 promoters gives our comments sufficient weight to negotiate with the Ministry of Environment of the Slovak Republic) prepared and submitted,
- Promotion and lobbying for changes to the forthcoming amendment of the Building Act in cooperation with The Union of Towns and Cities of Slovakia,
- Work on the standard “Evaluation of trees’ conditions” in cooperation with the Slovak University of Agriculture in Nitra,
- Preparation of analysis of the legal status in Slovakia on rainwater,